Hi! I am İsmail who have been studying the department of special education teaching program at Istanbul University-Cerrahpasa.
None of us can determine our nationality however, we can determine our humanity. I was born and raised in Istanbul where 3 million refugees live. I am used to and respectful of cultural and ethnic differences. I know that I can adapt to a different culture without difficulty.
I have been efforting to make my dreams come true on my website. My articles and essays on education are the product of my own original and creative ideas. I make an effort to realize myself in writing and speaking areas in which I know I am talented. I plan to contribute more to the world and people by doing this work in English.
Even though I have always had big opinions for my age since I was little, I can communicate effectively and excitedly with a child at his/her level. Because as my elders told me when I was little, “You are a child! Do not talk!” I do not find their attitude absolutely correct because I know that bright and fresh minds need understanding and expression. This is not our favor; it is their natural right.
Before the first year started, I sent e-mails to the special education departments of all universities in my country and asked how I could start developing myself in the field of special education as soon as possible. The 26-28 pages of advice I collected from the mails still support my growth and determination.
In the first month of my university education, I had the opportunity to meet the academicians in the department and see the scientific studies closely by participating in the National Special Education Congress held outside the city. Afterwards, I have participated in the 27 scientific events (13 of them are symposium or congress) as far as I can remember in the first 2 years of my university education.
I have worked with gifted, normal minded and mentally challenged children. I have analyzed these 3 different intelligence groups by observing the difficulties and needs of each student profile. I realized that regardless of IQ score, each child has skills that need to be developed and supported, and that they need affection as a child.
I have been striving to improve community life, especially the education processes of children, by conducting research and development studies. I am aware of the need for a long time and academic support to conclude my research studies. For this, I have been attempting to contact with teachers and lecturers on LinkedIn and ResearchGate websites.
I aim to meeting with teachers and lecturers to gain new knowledge and experience in education and especially the education of individuals who have difficulties. I think the information in the articles I read will create a template thanks to my experience.
Recently, the relationship between emotional intelligence and social skills has started to attract my interest. I have also been preparing a counseling video series for individuals between the ages of 9-24 with and without special needs, especially on decision-making strategies.
There is one thing I know that I must do something different and more than what I do today so that I can be satisfied with myself.
If I am given an opportunity, I can be evolved from raw ore to shining diamond in this journey.
K. İsmail Bozkurt
Can İsmail be a manager? Yes! He can be but when? When he goes behind reason and logic instead of hanging behind the wrongs.
Primary School Teacher Aysel ÇELİK
Information technologies are like an ocean. It is impossible for you to know everything. You must learn what is needed first. Then you can learn new things if you have time.
High School Web Design Teacher Mustafa SARI
You must learn to crawl before you can walk.
Dr. Burak TÜRKMAN
I can voluntarily participate in your research studies!
Gifted and Talented Education
- Gifted Congress 10-12 October 2019
- Gifted and Talented Symposium 2-3 May 2019
- Genius and Gifted Symposium 28 April 2019
- Picture Analysis for Gifted Children Seminar-Practice 06 October 2019
Special Needs Education
- Special Education Congress October 11-13 October 2018
- Past and Present Disability Research Symposium 15-16 November 2018
- Adaptation and Behavioral Disorders in Children Seminar 2018
- Game Seminar in Special Education 2018
Neuropsychology and/or Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuropsychology Research Symposium: Consciousness 11 April 2019
- Growing Industry: Artificial Intelligence Panel 25 October 2019
- Gamification Symposium 02 June 2019
- Education Symposium in the Age of Artificial Intelligence 11 May 2019
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Summer Events 08 July 2019
- Scientific Based Practices Symposium in Autism 12 April 2019
- Communication Skills Seminar with Individuals with Autism 2018
- Target Nobel Conference (1) 28 September 2019
- Target Nobel Conference (2) 26 October 2019
Psychology and Education
- Education Panel in Screen Age 24 September 2019
- Empathy Symposium 26 October 2019
- Education Academy Student Symposium – The Teacher of the Future The Future of the Teacher 4 May 2019
- Material Design Workshop (Another School Is Possible) 27 October 2019
- Children’s Rights Conference in Turkey and the World 23 November 2018
- Nutrition, Learning and Child Panel 21 August 2019
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Symposium 16 December 2019
- Global Career Summit 5-7 February 2020
- Career Audit Leadership and Entrepreneurship Training 13 April 2019
- Teamwork Workshop 09 November 2018
- Disaster and Emergency Management Symposium 31 January-01 February 2019